If you come across the frustrating “account-auth service is not available” error on Crunchyroll, it means there is a problem with the authentication service. This can be especially annoying when you just want to enjoy your favorite anime. Fortunately, this article is here to help you find solutions to fix the issue of Crunchyroll’s account-auth service being unavailable. By following the suggestions provided, you should be able to resolve the problem and get back to enjoying your anime without any interruptions.
1. Check Your Internet Connection
If you encounter authentication issues, it could be due to a weak or unstable internet connection. To resolve this, you can try restarting your modem and router to refresh your connection. However, if the problem persists, it is recommended to contact your Internet service provider for assistance. They can help you determine if there are any broader connectivity issues affecting your authentication process. By reaching out to your provider, you can ensure that you receive the necessary support to address the problem and regain stable internet connectivity.
2. Clear Cache and Data
If you encounter errors in the Crunchyroll app, it could be due to corruption in the app’s cache and data. To fix this issue, you can clear the cache and delete the app data. By doing so, you will refresh the app’s temporary files and potentially resolve the error.
To clear the cache and data on Android, follow these steps:
1. Go to the Settings on your device.
2. Open the Apps section.
3. Select Manage Apps.
4. Find the Crunchyroll app and tap on it.
5. Tap on Clear Data or Clear Cache.
For iPhone users, here’s how you can clear the cache and data:
1. Go to the iPhone settings.
2. Navigate to General.
3. Find the Crunchyroll app and click on it.
4. Tap on the Offload App button.
5. Reinstall the Crunchyroll app.
By following these steps, you should be able to resolve any errors caused by cache and data corruption in the Crunchyroll app.
3. Disable VPN
If you are experiencing issues with Crunchyroll’s authentication process, it is possible that using a VPN may be causing the disruption. To troubleshoot this problem, you can try deactivating any VPNs that are currently active and see if it resolves the issue. VPNs can sometimes interfere with the authentication process of certain websites or services, so by temporarily disabling them, you can determine if the VPN is the cause of the problem. Once you have deactivated the VPN, try accessing Crunchyroll again and see if the authentication process works properly. If it does, then it is likely that the VPN was indeed causing the disruption.
4. Check for Server Problems
The issue may not be originating from your side. Verify if there are any documented outages or server problems on Crunchyroll’s end. Utilizing services such as Downdetector can help you determine if other users are reporting similar problems, signaling a potential server-side issue.
5. Update the App
Compatibility issues can arise if you’re running an outdated version of the app. Ensure that your Crunchyroll app is up to date with the latest version. Check the App Store or Play Store for any available updates and install them to address potential compatibility issues.
6. Reinstall the App
Unexpected issues can often be resolved with a fresh installation. Uninstall the Crunchyroll app from your device and reinstall it from the app store. This ensures that you have the latest version of the app, which may include fixes for the problem you’re currently experiencing.
Reinstall the App on Android:
- Go to your device’s Settings app and tap Apps or Application Manager.
- Find Crunchyroll and tap it.
- Tap Uninstall and confirm.
- Open the Google Play Store app.
- Search for Crunchyroll, select it, and tap Install.
Reinstall the App on iOS:
- Find the Crunchyroll app on your Home screen.
- Press and hold the app icon until a menu appears or the icons start to jiggle.
- Tap Remove App or the minus sign to uninstall.
- Open the App Store.
- Tap the Search tab, type Crunchyroll, and press Search.
- Tap the Get button next to the Crunchyroll app and install it.
If the aforementioned solutions do not resolve the “account-auth service is not available” error on Crunchyroll, consider examining your internet connection, clearing app cache and data, deactivating any VPNs, and updating or reinstalling the app. In the event that the issue persists, it is advisable to contact Crunchyroll’s support team for further assistance with troubleshooting.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. In the event that the problem persists despite attempting all suggested solutions, what course of action should I take?
If you have implemented all the recommended solutions without resolving the issue, we advise contacting Crunchyroll’s support team for further assistance.
2. Is it possible for the “account-auth service is not available” error to be triggered by using a VPN?
Indeed, utilizing a VPN can at times disrupt Crunchyroll’s authentication process, resulting in the mentioned error. To troubleshoot, try disabling any active VPNs to determine if it resolves the problem.
3. How do I verify the status of Crunchyroll’s servers?
To assess Crunchyroll’s server status, you can utilize services such as Downdetector. Check for any reported outages or server-related problems on Crunchyroll’s end. If multiple users are reporting similar issues, it suggests a server-side problem.